Since 2014 the Quicksilver Running Club (QRC) of San Jose has had a youth running program for ages 8 to 18 to provide a safe and enjoyable way for local youth to run and train together.
In addition to the health and training benefits of participating in a running program, there are other advantages of the QRC youth program:
- Our affiliation with Pacific Association of USATF helps assure the youth are in a safe environment;
- all volunteer coaches are runners with years of experience and are certified and/or registered as coaches with PAUSATF;
- runners can compete at all sanctioned USATF meets and are eligible to qualify for regional and national championship events;
- and the youth have chance to share in the passion of running and, if interested, compete as part of a team.
All coaches are USATF registered and include a USATF Level 1 Certified coach. The coaches are:
- Laura Braun
- Jeff Eisenman
- Sylvie Abel
- Head Coach Marc Klemencic.
Youth Program Philosophy
- Share our passion and knowledge of running and promote the lifelong enjoyment of the sport,
- Provide a safe environment for running where athletes are aware of their responsibilities to ensure safety,
- Expose each team member to the challenge of training and competing as both an individual and as a team,
- Empower athletes to be responsible for their behavior, performance, and decisions,
- Encourage sportsmanship within the team and with fellow competitors,
- Help each individual set goals and work with them to improve their conditioning, and
- Support and encourage each individual athlete’s competitive drive and encourage fun.
The team practices all year averaging about 3 days a week. We gear practices towards runners of all levels, ages and conditioning and we generally hold them on local trails. Practices are planned to develop speed, strength, endurance, flexibility and coordination in a safe and fun team atmosphere in locations where they can experience the natural beauty of our parks and trails.
Please contact any of the coaches listed below for location and practices times info.
- Weekday practices are held at Guadalupe Oak Grove park
- Saturday practices are held at one of the entrances to Quicksilver park.
How to join
For more information you can contact us or one of the coaches -
Coach Marc: email@example.com
Coach Laura: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coach Jeff: email@example.com