Since 2014 the Quicksilver Running Club (QRC) of San Jose has had a youth running program for ages 8 to 18 to provide a safe and enjoyable way for local youth to run and train together.
In addition to the health and training benefits of participating in a running program, there are other advantages of the QRC youth program:
- Our affiliation with Pacific Association of USATF helps assure the youth are in a safe environment;
- all volunteer coaches are runners with years of experience and are certified and/or registered as coaches with PAUSATF;
- runners can compete at all sanctioned USATF meets and are eligible to qualify for regional and national championship events;
- and the youth have chance to share in the passion of running and, if interested, compete as part of a team.
All coaches are USATF registered and include a USATF Level 1 Certified coach. The coaches are:
- Laura Braun
- Jeff Eisenman
- Sylvie Abel
- Head Coach Marc Klemencic.
Youth Program Philosophy
- Share our passion and knowledge of running and promote the lifelong enjoyment of the sport,
- Provide a safe environment for running where athletes are aware of their responsibilities to ensure safety,
- Expose each team member to the challenge of training and competing as both an individual and as a team,
- Empower athletes to be responsible for their behavior, performance, and decisions,
- Encourage sportsmanship within the team and with fellow competitors,
- Help each individual set goals and work with them to improve their conditioning, and
- Support and encourage each individual athlete’s competitive drive and encourage fun.
The team practices all year averaging about 3 days a week. We gear practices towards runners of all levels, ages and conditioning and we generally hold them on local trails. Practices are planned to develop speed, strength, endurance, flexibility and coordination in a safe and fun team atmosphere in locations where they can experience the natural beauty of our parks and trails.
- Weekday practices are held at Guadalupe Oak Grove park
- Saturday practices are held at one of the entrances to Quicksilver park.
How to join
For more information you can contact us or one of the coaches -
Coach Marc: email@example.com
Coach Laura: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coach Jeff: email@example.com